Companies with the best people will dominate their market by 2020. Jack Stack has been saying it throughout this year as SRC focused on their 2019 Critical Number™: "People." But how do you attract, and maybe more importantly, retain the best employees? By providing them with more than a day job, but a career where they're learning, growing, and contributing to the success of the organization.
According to a survey from CareerBuilder, employees are split on how they feel about their current job: 50% feel like they have a career while the remaining 50% feel like they are simply doing a job, and 32% of employees plan to change jobs this year. These are important metrics to consider when we're all fighting to attract and retain employees.
Investment in Your Employees = Impact
What better way to build a career for your team than to invest in your employees? The Great Game of Business® is a transformational approach to business that not only can grow businesses, but also shape the lives of its practitioners from the bottom to the top of any organization—the goal is long-term success and sustainability for your company and long-term personal success for your employees. We want GGOB practitioners to become part of that 50% that provide a career for their employees, instead of just a job.
If you're not convinced, see what employees at our 2019 All-Star companies have to say about GGOB's impact on culture, employee retention and engagement in their organization, and how it's personally affected the view of their work and career:
- The Great Game of Business has allowed me to see the big picture in the everyday tasks and think like an owner would. Whether it's using a rag vs. wasting napkins to clean up a mess, or helping a fellow coworker run drinks so their tables get them quicker and have a better overall experience—it all plays a part in reaching our goals as a team. - Rail Trail Flatbread Co.
- GGOB has helped me understand how important the work I do is to my organization. It puts tangible proof right in front of my eyes of what my work creates, and make me feel so much more confident as a worker. - Lake Havasu Family Eyecare
- It has affected me in a very positive way. My job is not a regular job—it's a calling that I do with a great sense of pride and ownership - Essential Ingredients
- GGOB has affected me greatly. It's given me an opportunity to invest in a company that is willing to equally invest in me. - Vital Farms
- It lets the little guy understand and own part of the business, whether it be physical ownership or an ownership mindset. - Peterson Trucks
- It has given me and other coworkers the ability to see where we are as an organization which makes us feel more involved in the mission. The Great Game has given all employees, including entry-level employees, the feeling that we make a big impact on the organization. It has given my team clear goals to hit each month that help keep us on track to make our greater goal as an organization. - Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star
- I started working here when I was 15 and my overall goal is to pursue a career in business. GGOB and open-book management have given me a chance to learn what it takes to run a successful business. - Rail Trail Flatbread Co.
- I had zero financial transparency at my last job. So little, in fact, that one day out of the blue, my boss called to tell me that he was closing the doors. I was completely blindsided and vowed to never be in the dark again about my company's financials. As I was searching for a new job, I found Red Caffeine and was blown away when I learned they were open book and played the Great Game of Business. THIS was the financial transparency I craved. Then to add the culture, purpose, and work on top of that, I knew I had to work here. The financial picture isn't always perfect, but I am empowered by the knowledge of where we stand and know I can truly have an impact. - Red Caffeine
- Great Game of Business makes me feel empowered. By understanding my role, as well as others', I see how crucial everyone's contribution is to our success and impact within the community. - The Victory Mission
- I feel more connected to the company and personally responsible for the success of the business. - Peterson Trucks
- It has changed everything for me. It's changed my life and my business. Prior to GGOB, I had no idea how we were going to move forward. Now, we have completely revamped the team, the culture, and my personal exit strategy via ESOP which will be a win for everyone and create a legacy for me with this company I have spent the better part of my life building. - WebIT
Looking for more on how to get these results? Order your copy of Get in the Game to learn the ten steps of implementing Great Game™.
Other Articles You Might Like: