In more than 35 years practicing The Great Game of Business® at SRC, as well as three decades helping thousands of companies implement The Game in their own companies, we have determined the fastest, most efficient and most reliable path to Rapid Financial Results and Lasting Cultural Change™ follows a set process. We honed and developed that 10-Step Approach to GGOB Implementation to guide companies implementing The Great Game of Business in their organizations.
Let Us Show You More
If you'd like to see The Game in action and take a deeper dive into the implementation process, we invite you to the birthplace of open-book management - SRC in Springfield, Mo. - for the Get in the Game Workshop.
At the Get in the Game Workshop, our practitioner coaches explain the principles and practices of The Great Game of Business in more detail, and break down our time-tested approach to sustainable success with the Great Game of Business. In addition, you will sit in on a company-wide Huddle, network with SRC executives at an offsite dinner, and get your questions answered in practitioner Q&A panels.
10-Step Approach: Workshop Deliverables
Step 1: Begin with the Right Leadership
- Learn the key leadership qualities that will make or break your efforts in implementing The Game.
Step 2: Share the Why, Before the How
- Discover useful approaches to building awareness and commitment to The Game and most importantly, a desire to actively participate in the process.
Step 3: Open the Books
- Understand how financial transparency early on in the process is important to building trust and mutual respect throughout the company.
- Discover ways to clearly communicate financial information for maximum impact and broad participation.
- Learn best practices in financial training, including case examples and innovative approaches to teaching employees the numbers.
Step 4: Focus on the Critical Number™
- Uncover a well-proven process for defining your Critical Number – including company examples and helpful planning tools.
Step 5: Act on the Right Drivers
- Learn a concrete process and discover supportive tools to help people develop a clear line-of-sight from what they do every day to their impact on the Critical Number and bottom line financial results.
Step 6: Create an Early Win – MiniGames™
- Discover how to create early wins and put people on a winning track. Our coaches will introduce the process of designing a MiniGame™ and demonstrate how creating small wins can add up to big wins.
Step 7: Provide a Stake in the Outcome™
- Find out what successful practitioners have recognized as the most important design and implementation rules behind winning bonus plans and recognition efforts.
Step 8: Keep Score
- Learn how to build compelling, relevant, and highly visible scoreboards that promote immediate, consistent feedback and accountability.
- Explore ways to cascade scorecards throughout the company, so that everyone knows in real time how their decisions and actions are impacting financial results.
Step 9: Follow the Action
- Discover important steps in the development of the Huddle rhythm, including specific agendas, clear scheduling, and team building.
- Take part in a Huddle Simulation to experience the education, focus, alignment, sense of urgency, and accountability that only a Great Game Huddle can create.
Step 10: Apply High-Involvement Planning
- Learn the strategic, financial and business planning process that offers a reality-based, repetitive approach to setting your strategy, building your plan, dealing with market changes, and enabling everyone to contribute.
- Dive into the High-Involvement Planning™ and 360˚ business appraisal process that helps companies define The Game by getting everybody together to take stock in the situation, target specific improvements and commit to The Game.