Are you playing The Game to your full potential? Without a doubt, The Game is a process that should be adapted to your company’s environment, not adopted or replicated. However, there are a few key questions you should ask yourself to determine if you are missing a critical step in playing The Game.
- Is your leadership on the same page when it comes to Open-Book Management?
- Do you know how to effectively communicate “why” your team should jump onboard with Open-Book Management?
- Are you able to conduct financial meetings that energize your team?
- Is your company’s reward & recognition program effective and well designed?
- Are your scoreboards communicating the wins and losses?
- Are you able to accurately define your company’s Critical Numbers?
- Are all departments in your company utilizing “rolling forecasting”?
- Do your employees feel comfortable and confident working with financial numbers?
- Are managers able to clearly communicate financial information for maximum impact?
- Are your company forecasts accurate?
If you answered “no” to three or more of these questions; it’s time to consider re-vamping your process to get everybody involved in moving your company forward. There are several ways to improve on your processes; the most successful way we've found is to work with an experienced coach. However, if you're not ready for such a step, consider joining us at the upcoming Get in The Game Workshop (there's one coming up March 22 & 23, 2011).