Once we determined that the 2020 Great Game of Business Conference would be virtual, we immediately began conducting extensive research into the wide variety of online platforms available to host this seminal community event.
After an exhaustive search and hours and hours of site demonstrations, we chose the Swapcard platform. Swapcard not only provides a great interface for delivering all the dynamic content the Great Game Community has come to expect at the conference, but also the capabilities to connect participants as good as (maybe even better than!) at a live event. Using Artificial Intelligence, the conference interface can recommend people you should meet, as well as sessions you should attend – making it quicker and easier for you to get the content and the connections you expect from the Great Game of Business Conference.
The conference platform will be “open for business” August 17, the day before our first pre-conference workshop. Registered participants will get a link via email to access the site, and will be asked to set up a password. If you ever forget your password, Swapcard makes it easy to regain access by sending a simple "magic link".
// ACCESS THE CONFERENCE PLATFORM FOR ALL ASPECTS OF THE EVENT
- Pre-conference workshops
- Main stage presentations
- Breakout sessions
- Small group roundtables
- Happy hours
- Full conference agenda
- Your profile
- Links to set up 1:1 meetings
- Your personalized schedule
- Great Game Goosechase! access
- Interactive sponsor booths
- The Great Game Store
- Complimentary coaching consultations
// TIPS FOR MAXIMIZING YOUR GREAT GAME CONFERENCE EXPERIENCE
- Make plans to “attend” the conference from 10am to 5pm CDT, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday… cancel standing meetings, turn off your email, shut your door, and BE PRESENT the entire time to get the most out of this event.
- In the Agenda, utilize the “Register for Session” icons to add sessions to your schedule, which makes it easy to find under the “My Event” tab. Accessing this tab, you can also export your schedule of sessions and meetings to your desktop calendar or a personalized PDF.
- Fill out your profile completely to maximize the power of the Artificial Intelligence-driven matchmaking function of the platform. A.I. will recommend meetings with people it thinks you should know, based on your listed skills, bio, language interface, sessions selected, and even information gleaned from social media accounts you connect.
- Take advantage of recommended connections by setting up a 1:1 meeting with the people suggested for you. The platform will note each person’s availability*, making it easy to pick a time that works for both parties. *Personal availability will include windows of time outside of participant-selected sessions, scheduled meetings, and all main stage sessions, which will be blacked out.